I was a horrible student growing up and really needed other people to help me learn certain concepts. As I got older, and had better teachers and had study partners and asked more questions, I realized it really wasn’t me that was the issue. I am someone who just needs to see things from all different angles to really understand it. Now, I’m not saying I always have the best explanations. In fact, often times my students have much better ways of explaining something, because they understand what their classmates don’t understand. All I am saying, is that we often need lots of help, from lots of different people, to truly learn something.
I love to travel and eat, and most of all I love hanging with my family. We have a great time together and laugh often. We just try and find the joy in every day. It’s not always easy believe me! That’s why I said we “try,” because that’s all anyone can ever be expected to do:)
It is my desire to make biology fun and understandable for you this year. Let’s start with a list if things I need to do. Then, we’ll add your list.
- Be awesome!
- Teach in small manageable chunks.
- Reteach, in a different way with different visuals, any concept you don’t understand.
- Be awesomer! (not a word…don’t use it)
- Give you feedback in a timely manner, within 2 days of you handing it in, that helps you better understand what you need to do to get full credit.
- Let you work and rework any assessment until you get 100%.
- Ask for feedback from to to help me be a better teacher.
- Be awesomest! (not a word…don’t use it)
- Be amazing!
- Set a schedule for yourself to do your daily work…and stick to it.
- Take and keep notes.
- Use my guided notes to help you keep notes.
- Use visuals for yourself in your notes (diagrams, sketches, models, etc.)
- Be amazinger! (not a word…don’t use it)
- Ask for help, via, email, text, or phone as soon as you need it.
- Rework any assessment until you get 100%.
- Read the feedback and apply it. If the feedback doesn’t help, then call me and let me know, so I can work on giving better feedback.
- Be amazingest! (not a word…don’t use it)